A few days ago I needed to bring a salad to a potluck and wanted to bring something yummy but only had mixed greens and some random veggies. I did have ramen however. So I gave the hub a call and he briefly told me what he used in his topping (instructions included lots of "eyeball it") and slivered almonds which we were also out of. So I cut up all the veggies and went to work making my version of the topping to dress it up a bit. I loved it, my oldest daughter lived it and I h ad to swat her away from it like a fly. I was so pleased hat everyone at he potluck seemed to like it. Today I made it again so here are the steps and the "eyeball recipe"
1) ingredients-1tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil, 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, two tablespoons brown sugar, saracha chili sauce (a few squirts or to taste), one pack ramen. My husband uses slivered almonds in his but when I am moved to make it we always seem to be out. Naturally it's your call.
2) in a saucepan melt butter, add sesame seed oil, seeds, nuts, sugar, and saracha.
3) while package of ramen is still closed smash the hell out of it, make sure you remove the flavor pack when you open the package.
4) dump into saucepan and stir until ramen is covered
5) spread mix on cookie sheet and put in oven at 350 to brown and crisp
6) watch like a hawk because it will burn!
7) stir now and then
8) when it's brown remove and cool
9) break up and sprinkle on salad, or eat from a bowl like I love to do!
10) YUM! Enjoy your sweet and spicy topping!